Windows users record 1004 error with multiple applications like MS Office Excel, Nero Vision, EasySync Pro, and RBCA Toolkit. This error may occur in Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP and earlier Windows versions. Here are steps you may take to correct this error:
- Provide Administrative Permission to the Installation Folder
- Change Installation Folder
- Delete Temporary Application Files
- Repair Registry
- Restore the Computer
Provide Administrative Permission to the Installation Folder
You can lack administrative permissions in the folder you have selected for install. In these instances, the setup software fails to copy files to your hard disk, resulting in Windows code 1004 error. The solution is to adjust the security settings for the folder and require required permissions.
- Double click My Computer desktop shortcut.
- Open the destination folder which is being selected to install the program.
- Right-click it, select Properties.
- Folder Properties dialog shall open.
- Click the Security tab and Edit button.
- Provide administrative privileges to the folder and click OK twice.
- Re-run the setup program.
Change Installation Folder
Switch folder for download. It is likely that security problems remain with the installation tab. Do install the software on another drive (say, drive D:) or in another folder.
Delete Temporary Application Files
Delete the client files for temporary use. Those files may be compromised. Repair error 1004 as shown below:
- Click Start | Run.
- Type AppData in the Open box.
- Press ENTER.
- Double click the concerning programs folder. Delete contents of the Temp folder.
Repair Windows Registry
Windows registry is an important part of this. Registry corruption will cause your machine to display error number 1004. Registry is continuously accessed while the device is being used. Hundreds and thousands of entries are saved in Windows Registry. To prevent errors in the program, such as error code 1004 in Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista and XP, these keys must be correct. All you will do is delete encumbered entries and null references.
- Download an efficient System/Registry Cleaner.
- Start full Registry scan through it.
- Repair all errors.
Restore the Computer
Restore your computer to a prior state. Errors are often resolved by restored device. Using Device Restore as shown below:
- Click Start, point to All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
- Click Next.
- Follow the wizard your own.
Thank you for visiting our website.